The Swansea Bay Radio Young Achiever Awards 2019, sponsored by Kip McGrath Education Centres, Swansea!
The Swansea Bay Young Achiever Awards 2019 gave you the chance to nominate and reward young people who have achieved great things and made a real difference across South West Wales.
The award ceremony took place at the Towers Hotel & Spa, Swansea Bay on October 23rd.
Hosted by Swansea Bay Radio presenters Lee Jukes and Angela Jay, it was a very emotional evening supported by the local business community and special guests.
Once again, we’d like to thank all our category sponsors and title sponsor: Kip McGrath Education Centres. Without your support, this event would not have been possible.
Thanks to the generosity of all who attended, our raffle draw raised much needed funds our nominated charity: Maggie’s Cancer Care Centre, Swansea. Maggie’s provides free practical, emotional and social support to people with cancer and their family and friends. Maggie’s is there for anyone and everyone affected by cancer, offering a programme of support that has been shown to strengthen physical and emotional wellbeing. Last year Maggie’s received 200,000 visits and supported over 45,000 people newly affected by cancer; among their visitors 99% found the support Maggie’s offer helpful.
A big thank you to the amazing Shellyann who sang for us and absolutely smashed it! Shellyann is a brilliant Welsh singer songwriter who, not only did Wales proud appearing on The Voice in 2015, but in March this year she was the overall winner of the Saturday night TV show “All Together Now”.
You’ll be able to hear the highlights from the event on a special programme on Swansea Bay Radio this Wednesday evening October 30th between 7pm and 9pm.
Check out Swansea Bay Radio on Facebook to see pictures from this inspirational evening!
And here again are our award winners:
• Sports Star of the Year with Celtic Minor
Winner: Katie Eley
• Young Apprentice of the Year with P.E.S Systems
Winner: Michael Tucker
• Commitment to the Environment with National Waterfront Museum
Winner: HOW Girls
• Performing Arts Award with With Love Adele x & Serenity Flowers
Winner: Cerys Angharad
• Young Fundraiser Award with The Colliers Arms
Winner: Seren Morris
• Young Volunteer Award with Nation Digital
• Outstanding Courage Award with Easytan
Winner: Niamh Lewis
• Young Community Group Award with Hargin Resin Driveways
Winner: Bishopston Skate Park
• Young Entrepreneur Award with Kip McGrath Education Centre
Winner: Lili Jones
• Achievement in Education Award with NPTC Group of Colleges
Winner: Lloyd Thomas
• Young Carer of the Year Award with A&S Tyres
Winner: Bethan Evans